Design Works 2017
April 7. 2017 | Proximity Hotel – Greensboro, NC
To honor design excellence within the Carolinas Chapter and to encourage new, innovative solutions for interior spaces, elevating the design of our Chapter.
Any Carolinas Chapter IIDA Professional or Associate member in good standing. Pending members are welcome to submit, but must include a copy of the pending application. Pending membership must be processed by HQ before February 24, 2017 in order to have a project considered. Previously awarded projects may not be submitted. All projects must have been completed after January 1, 2015. Projects can be submitted in multiple categories (i.e. Healthcare and Sustainability..etc), but please note that payment is made per entry category and not per project.
All award recipients of the competition will be announced at DesignWorks on Friday, April 7, 2017 at Proximity Hotel in Greensboro, NC. The winning projects will be displayed on the IIDA Carolinas website.
704 Green Valley Rd
Greensboro, NC 27408
How to Enter
CLICK HERE and upload your project submission. Once submitted, you will be sent an email confirming successful project submission and a link to pay a registration fee on PayPal. You can submit another project by going back to the submission page CLICK HERE. If you do not pay for your project submission, your project will not be considered a valid entry.
**Entry deadline is February 24, 2017 for projects to be considered**
Project Submission Fees:
Initial Project Entry : $125
Each Additional Project Entry : $100
Contact Anita Holland, IIDA
Submissions will be judged on a point system based on the criteria listed below. The participating judges are design professionals and industry leaders who were selected for their industry experience and involvement with IIDA outside of our Carolinas Chapter.
- All entries must be submitted via our new platform. CLICK HERE to access our project submission website.
- Project images must be uploaded in JPEG format individually; Image to be at least 1920 pixels x 1080 pixels but no larger than 2556 pixels x 1600 pixels
- A floorplan representing the project submission may be uploaded, though not required. Successive images can be numbered to correspond with the floorplan.
- First image uploaded will be showcased the night of the event, should it be selected as an award recipient. Please make sure this first image best represents your project.
- When submitting images, remove all title blocks, logos, and firm names from all images. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
- Submission of project images gives IIDA Carolinas the right to use graphics in publications for our Chapter.
Projects will be reviewed by qualified judges on the following criteria.
- Project Description/Design Solution – 10 possible points
- How well are the challenges and project requirements described? Evaluate problem solving ability and design solution demonstrated.
- Design Concept – 10 possible points
- Is the overall design concept well established?
- Are the overall images clean and understandable?
- Creativity and Originality – 10 possible points
- Are the ideas well established and unique to the project?
- Is the overall project interpretation original and creative while addressing the project requirements?
- Space Planning – 10 possible points
- Is the space well planned? Is the solution a creative use of space? Does the space planning provide an efficient, yet creative solution to the interior layout?
- Are furnishings and millwork well planned? Do the furnishings and millwork designs respond appropriately to the space, enhancing the overall design concept?
- Presentation – 10 possible points
- Does the overall presentation have visual clarity and order?
Awards will be given in the following categories, and announced at DesignWorks on Friday, April 7, 2017 at Proximity Hotel in Greensboro, NC.
- Overall winner
- Winner in each category
- Honorable mention in each category as seen fit by the judges
- Corporate Large (> 35,000sf) / Small (< 35,000sf)
- Financial Institutions
- Professional Offices
- Industrial Facilities/Complexes
- Transportation Terminals
- Corporate Offices/Satellite Offices
- Public Utilities
- Conference Centers
- Travel Agencies
- Single Family Homes
- New Construction
- Restoration and Renovation
- Public Housing
- Multiple Unit (Condos, Apartments)
- Community Projects/Shelters
- Model Homes
- Shopping Centers/Malls
- Mass Merchandisers
- Duty Free Stores
- Department Stores
- Specialty Stores/Boutiques
- Food Stores
- Convenience Stores
- Home Improvement Stores
- Kiosks/Mobile Retail Outlets
- Furniture Galleries
- Country Clubs
- Athletic Clubs
- Cruise Ships
- Entertainment Clubs
- Airline Clubs
- Convention Centers
- Amusement Parks
- Photographic Set Designs
- Senior Living Center
- Education & Research Facilities
- Rehabilitation Centers
- Satellite Facilities/Outpatient Treatment
- Physician Offices
- Hospitals/Additions and/or Renovations
- Government Agency Facilities
- Educational Facilities
- Research Facilities
- Public Libraries
- Day Care Centers
- Religious Institutions
- Judicial Facilities
- Fire/Police/Emergency Stations
- Projects that demonstrate sustainable principles
- New Construction
- Restoration and Renovation
- Furniture Installation (Submissions by Furniture Dealers only)
- Systems Furniture
- Office Furniture
- Conference or Training Furniture
- Modular Walls/Casework
- Dining Facility
- Millwork Design
- Construction Detail
- Furniture Design
- Flooring Installation
- Custom Lighting Design
- Any other project type not listed above